Black Friday Special: Jingle Bell Rock Your Ugly Sweater 5K November 26 2014
- WHEN: 9 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 6 2014. Stay afterward for a festive after-party with music and snacks. T-shirts and timing chips can be picked up 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., on Dec. 5, or the day of the race.
- WHERE: The course begins and ends at the roundabout in front of Lakewood City Hall, 6000 Main Street SW.
- WHAT: City of Lakewood’s third annual Jingle Bell Rock Your Ugly Sweater 5K run, in partnership with St. Clare Hospital.
- COST: (BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL) $20 per person, which is a $5 savings! Runners can sign up online here or call (253) 983-7887.
- WHAT ELSE: Ugly. Christmas. Sweaters. Wear ‘em.
Most of the year, we laugh at them. We hide them. We don’t dare wear them.
But this year, the time-honored tradition of the Ugly Christmas Sweater is the inspiration for the City of Lakewood’s annual Jingle Bell Rock 5K.
Warm up your holiday spirit with the whole family – even pets – on Dec. 6 at Lakewood City Hall. Dress for the weather, as this 5K will run, rain or shine.
Participants who register for the race this Friday will pay a discounted rate of $20 – a $5 savings off the regular price!
It’s going to be another cold one, so remember to rock your favorite ugly Christmas sweater to keep in the body heat and express your holiday sense of humor. The best way to celebrate this ridiculous but beloved holiday tradition? With hundreds of other people, of course.
So dig out that old sweater that you haven’t donned since the Christmas your grandparents gave it to you. Better yet, get together with your friends and decorate your own holiday fashion disaster, er, masterpiece, and wear it on the day of the 5K.
The City’s annual holiday run (you can walk or jog too) is a partnership with the community and a way to bring the residents of Lakewood together. As in years past, St. Clare Hospital is a presenting sponsor of the Jingle Bell Rock 5K. This year, the Lakewood hospital is joined by sponsor Drangsholt Orthodontics. Last year’s attendees might remember Drangsholt Orthodontics’ water stop, where runners could grab some refreshments and a free jingle bell.
“It’s about everyone out there having fun in their Christmas sweaters,” said Arielle Carney, Lakewood Parks and Recreation Coordinator. “What screams ‘Holiday Fun’ more than that?”